- GE introduces its first freestanding ranges with Wi-Fi capability that allows consumers to control their oven while away from home
- Consumers can preheat, set the timer, check cooking status, receive timely notifications and more from inside or outside the home
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — August 20, 2014 —Think you accidentally left the oven on? Switch it off while on the go. The new free-standing Profile™ Series gas and electric ranges are GE’s second cooking appliances, following the wall oven, to allow consumers to preheat, set the time, and check cooking status using an app on their smartphone. With the additional cooking appliance models, GE is making the connected kitchen a reality for busy consumers.
Nearly 90 percent of American adults have some kind of cell phone and two out of three have a smartphone.1 With most Americans using smartphones to handle everyday tasks from checking email to counting calories, GE is bringing that same convenient technology to the kitchen where it’s adding free-standing gas and electric ranges to its lineup of smart appliances in September. To use the connected technology, owners of new GE Profile ranges (models PB930, PGB940, P2B940) just need to download the GE Brillion™ mobile app and enable remote control.*
“We’re expanding our line of connected appliances to make life easier while you’re on the go,” said Product Manager Jonathan Sprigler. “Consumers expect more things to be accessible through their phones, and GE is enabling them to have the control they want.”
- True European Convection with Precise Air™ significantly increases air coverage on food, resulting in great cooking performance (electric models only).
- A warming drawer provides variable temperature control for keeping foods warm.
- Self-clean, heavy-duty roller rack easily glides out taking less effort to transfer dishes from the oven to the table.
- An oven meat probe tracks the temperature of the food in the oven without constantly opening the oven door.
- Tri-ring burners let the chef determine what size heating element they need—6, 9 or 12 inches—to perfect their recipes.
- Notification lighting makes it easy to multitask while cooking your favorite food to perfection. The interior oven light automatically comes on when the oven has preheated so you can quickly see the progress while you do something else.
Model number PB930 has an MSRP of $1,599, and both PGB940 and P2B940 model numbers have an MSRP of $2,099.** Gas and electric models are available in black, white and stainless finishes.
GE Appliances is at the forefront of building innovative, energy-efficient appliances that improve people’s lives. GE Appliances’ products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better. For more information on GE Appliances, visit www.ge.com/appliances.
1 Williams, Pete. “Should police be able to search your cell phone.” Apr. 29, 2014. Today Show. Today.com. http://www.today.com/video/today/55061527
* Requires the GE Brillion iPhone® or Android™ app for smartphones or tablets. Available for free from iTunes® and the Google Play store. iPhone and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. © 2012 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
** Retailers set their own prices.