- Zoneline® Makeup Air PTAC provides fresh air for guests and peace of mind for hotel owners
- See it first at 2018 AHR Expo—booth #3156
LOUISVILLE, Ky.—Jan. 22, 2018—Hotel owners can now add the benefit of makeup air to the industry’s quietest and most trusted1 packaged terminal air conditioners (PTACs) with Zoneline® Makeup Air PTAC from GE Appliances.
Designed to help the hospitality industry meet demanding building code regulations, these units bring fresh, conditioned air into the room, potentially reducing overall building construction costs for property owners. The new PTACs perfectly fit a standard 42" x 16" wall sleeve and comes with a factory-installed makeup air module—a secondary system that continuously provides outdoor air with an adjustable intake of 25–50 CFM2.The GE Zoneline Makeup Air PTAC is system-tested. GE is the only PTAC manufacturer that provides a warranty for both the PTAC and its makeup air system. Leading the industry with innovative features, GE’s system includes an industry-first design with an automatic vent door which can interact with optional occupancy-sensing technology. This design can save energy and money by running the makeup air system only when needed, while allowing the PTAC system to operate independently and efficiently.
New Zoneline Makeup Air PTACs also dehumidify incoming air when relative humidity levels exceed 55 percent. For many hotel operators, makeup air through the PTAC can be a cost-effective alternative by supplementing rooftop air conditioners, and it can be a simple way to lower the construction cost of new builds.
In fact, there are many other reasons Zoneline Makeup Air PTACs rise above other air conditioner options, including:
- Positive Pressurized System: Dedicated fans in the makeup air system are adjustable to six preset speeds to meet different needs. This design achieves makeup air without a constantly running exhaust fan for proper system operation, meaning added flexibility for building ventilation.
- Optional Occupancy Sensing and Automatic Vent Door: When paired with approved occupancy-sensing technology, Zoneline’s motorized vent door will close, and the makeup air system will shut down when the room is unoccupied, saving more energy for property owners.
- Optimal RH of 55 percent: Incoming outdoor air is dehumidified when relative humidity is above 55 percent and outdoor temperature is above 50 degrees Fahrenheit. This supports a healthy building environment and creates a more comfortable guest room setting.
- Worry-Free Reliability: The efficient operation of the makeup air module results in less component wear and tear over time.
- Warranty for the makeup air system: GE Zoneline’s Makeup Air PTACs include warranties for both the PTAC and the makeup air system.
Approved by leading hotel brands Marriott and Hilton, the new Zoneline Makeup Air PTAC is a perfect fit for any property that has a need for addressing makeup air with a PTAC. Each model has all the leading features of the base Zoneline unit—a sleek and streamlined profile, weather and mastic sound barriers, an auto-dimming display with LED controls and much more. GE Zoneline standard warranty applies.
Go online to find full system specifications.
Note: To avoid bringing salt and corrosive air into the living space, makeup air systems are not recommended for installations within two miles of coastal areas.
1 – Independent third-party testing at a nationally accredited certified acoustical lab, conducted March 2015 and October 2015 in accordance with ASTM and AHRI standards.
2 – CFM levels tested at zero static pressure. The system characteristics are room-neutral.
About GE Appliances, a Haier Company
GE Appliances, a Haier company, makes moments that matter for our owners through our passion for making great appliances and providing unparalleled services. Owners have more choices than ever before under the Hotpoint, GE®, Haier, GE Café™, GE Profile™ and Monogram® brands. Our products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. For more information, visit www.geappliances.com/our-company.