- Professional chefs’ influence on consumers inspires new Monogram® wall oven
- French doors mean GE cooking technology is no longer a reach for consumers
- Marks industry’s first connected French door wall oven
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — June 20, 2014 — Today’s consumers are bringing the professional-level appliances and techniques they see in culinary entertainment and restaurants into their kitchen to help create fine-dining-worthy creations. The influence of the professional chef on consumers has inspired GE (NYSE: GE) to introduce a new Monogram® French door wall oven with cooking features fit for the pros but designed for the home.
“Today’s high-end consumers want appliances that allow them to cook like professionals, and GE’s new French door wall oven delivers; combining exceptional ease of use with GE’s advanced cooking technology.” said Michael Mahan, general manager for GE Monogram.
The new French door wall oven physically puts professional-grade cooking technology in reach. Because the oven’s doors open in the middle instead of the top, consumers can stand closer to the oven when lifting items in and out, while maintaining distance from the hot doors. Both doors open together for added convenience, especially helpful when juggling multiple cooking tasks. As a benefit for small kitchens, the French door design requires less space in front of the oven, making it ideal for areas with limited floor space.
Additional Monogram French door wall oven features include:
- The industry’s first connected technology in a French door wall oven that allows users to control the oven’s functions remotely from their smartphones
- True European Convection with Direct Air system that envelops food, delivering evenly cooked results
- Pro design with industrial appearance that aligns with today’s appliance design trends
- Theater-style LED interior lighting that helps users easily gauge cooking status visually
- Largest French door wall oven capacity at 5 cubic feet
The Monogram French door wall oven (ZET1FHSS) is available in Professional style in stainless steel finish and has an MSRP of $4,699. Anticipated availability date is February 2015.
GE Appliances is at the forefront of building innovative, energy-efficient appliances that improve people’s lives. GE Appliances’ products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better. For more information on GE Appliances, visit www.ge.com/appliances.