LOUISVILLE, Ky.—January 5, 2018—GE Appliances is the leader in connected appliances and the first manufacturer to offer a full suite of smart products that bring more convenience, assistance and peace-of-mind to owners.
Thanks to the company and its many partners, it’s already possible to tell your dryer to continue tumbling without leaving the couch. And there’s no running out for dishwasher pods, because they were automatically reordered a week ago. In this reality, you are also more confident and accomplished in the kitchen, with assistance from your oven that’s like having a sous chef at your side.
In close collaboration with leading home brands, including Amazon, Google, Nest and others, GE Appliances is integrating WiFi, voice command, app connectivity and more into the products homeowners depend on every day. By making it possible to start the wash cycle from your smartphone, preheat the oven as you’re leaving work and receive alerts your refrigerator needs a new filter, GE Appliances is creating real connections for real life that let owners experience their homes in all newly efficient ways.
“It’s about activating industry-first technologies that make household tasks easier and more enjoyable,” said Shawn Stover, vice president of SmartHome Solutions. “We’ve formed strong relationships with many other innovative leaders to make it happen, and now with more than 100 connected models, we have the largest suite of smart appliances with the features owners asked for.”
Why is GE Appliances the connected products leader? Consider that the company:
- Is the first manufacturer to debut Amazon Alexa voice control skills for a broad range of appliances
- Has integrated Google Assistant across its entire suite of connected products for easy voice control
- Collaborated with Nest Protect to send real-time alerts to owners’ smartphones when smoke is detected
- Connected laundry and dishwashers to Amazon Dash Replenishment for automated reorder of detergent and fabric softener..
- Is the first manufacturer to have its entire appliance suite on the IFTTT “If This Then That” platform
- Partnered with smart kitchen creator Drop to bring recipe intelligence to ovens…
- Is developing cooking algorithms to optimize wall oven heat and airflow, helping home chefs turn out consistently craveable creations
- Announced a new partnership with Innit, which will allow owners to send cooking instructions to their WiFi-enabled GE Appliances directly from the Innit app
“The potential for the connected household is enormous. By joining appliances to other elements of the home, we can help consumers feel more at ease, lounge around the living room just a while longer or take stress out of their daily routine,” Stover said. “We’re always looking for new ways and new partners to help us stay ahead of owner needs as they evolve.
“The possibilities are endless, and we’ll be first to deliver on those possibilities and our ‘good things, for life’ promise.”
For more information on GE Appliances’ connected leadership, visit www.geappliances.com/connect.
About GE Appliances WiFi-Connected Technology
GE Appliances, a Haier company, a leader in WiFi-connected appliance technology, makes owners’ lives easier while improving their daily routines. With its connected suite of GE Appliances, owners can monitor and maintain their home from virtually anywhere. From the kitchen to the laundry room, connected products work with Amazon Alexa, Dash Replenishment, Nest Labs, Drop, IFTTT, Innit and now Google Assistant—allowing owners to stay on top of their appliances from near or far using their voice or a mobile device. Connected appliances also are updated remotely with new capabilities and can assess their own performance, allowing for unparalleled service. To learn more, visit http://www.geappliances.com/ge/connected-appliances/.
About GE Appliances
GE Appliances, a Haier company, creates good things, for life through our passion for great appliances and the happiness they can bring to every household. With the Hotpoint, GE®, Haier, GE Café™, GE Profile™ and Monogram® brands, owners have more choices for making their kitchens and homes amazing each day. Our products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners and water filtration systems. For more information visit www.geappliances.com/our-company.