- Mobile app upgrade allows consumers to control their connected wall oven from outside their home wireless network
- Signifies the first time features and capabilities can be added to a remote-enabled GE appliance already in the home
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Jan. 6, 2014 — (NYSE:GE) — Whether facing a longer-than-expected “quick trip to the bank” or plagued with the question “Did I leave the oven on?” from outside the home, owners of GE Profile™ wall ovens can take control of their appliance using an app on their mobile phone1. A new update makes it possible for consumers to preheat, set the timer, check cooking status, receive timely notifications and more from outside the home.
Beyond greater control from remote locations, this is the first time consumers can upgrade their GE appliance with new features and capabilities after it’s installed. With this new feature, GE gives consumers flexibility to take advantage of advanced features via their smartphones.
“For the first time GE can add features and new capabilities to your appliance after it’s installed in your home,” said Mike Beyerle, Connected Home product manager for GE Appliances. “Bells and whistles are great, but at GE we’re making smart appliances tied to our vision of purposeful innovation.”
How it works
To use the connected technology, owners of new GE Profile wall ovens (models PT9550, PK7500, PT9050 and PK7000) just need to download the GE Brillion™ mobile app and enable remote control. Thanks to the ability to preheat2 the oven from the grocery store or before leaving work, dinner is on the table faster. Additional updates to other new appliance categories are expected throughout 2014.
GE’s remote-enabled wall ovens are assembled in LaFayette, Ga., and retail for an MSRP of $2,299 - $3,7993. Models are available in black, white and stainless finishes, and single- and double-oven configurations in both 30 and 27 inches.
GE Appliances is at the forefront of building innovative, energy-efficient appliances that improve people’s lives. GE Appliances’ products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better. For more information on GE Appliances, visit www.ge.com/appliances.
1. Requires the GE Brillion™ iPhone® or Android™ app for smartphones or tablets. Available for free from iTunes® and the Google Play Store. iPhone and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. © 2012 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
2. Takes up to 10 ½ minutes (average 9 minutes, single cavity, convection, hidden bake) to preheat to 350 degrees.
3. Retailers set their own prices.