- New customizable third rack in Café™ and Profile™ dishwashers gives consumers loading flexibility
- Comprehensive wash system includes 102 jets and the industry’s first bottle-wash jets
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Feb. 27, 2014 — (NYSE:GE) — Loading a dishwasher can be an art form, requiring creativity to make the most out of each run. GE Appliances recognizes the skillfulness behind loading a dishwasher, with the addition of a flexible third rack on its newest Café™ and Profile™ series dishwashers. The rack accommodates cutlery and other flat kitchen utensils, resulting in loading flexibility and freed-up space in the bottom two racks for dishes, pots and pans, and drinking containers of varying sizes.
“No two loads of dishes are the same—and no two people organize a dishwasher the same way,” said Brian McWaters, GE dishwasher marketing manager. “The third rack in GE’s newest dishwashers delivers the ultimate flexibility many consumers are looking for in a functional design that they can customize based on the dishes in each load.”
Loading the dishwasher properly and fully is one way consumers can save energy in the home1, and the third rack can help. It extends fully and is made up of two trays that can be removed or repositioned. Functional and flexible, the design allows consumers to use one tray for loads with tall stemware and platters that require more depth, or two trays for loads that include extra silverware and cutlery.
Additional features of the new Café and Profile series dishwashers include:
- GE’s most advanced wash system with 102 cleaning jets and reversing quad blade wash arm
- The industry’s first dedicated bottle-wash jets—a total of 16—have been integrated into the top rack to tackle the inside of hard-to-clean containers
- Variable pressure jets that spray at 100 percent force for some spins, but the next spin could spray at 60 percent so that different areas on the dishes are hit with water
- A 40-decibel sound rating that is one of the lowest in the industry and an LED status light on the door allow consumers to see—not hear—where the dishwasher is in its cycle
- Cabinet-depth flush installation and a stainless steel interior give the dishwasher a true built-in look and seamless inside appearance
- LCD control panel enhances the sleek overall appearance
The Café dishwasher (CDT765SSFSS) is available in stainless steel finish and has an MSRP of $1,699. The Profile model (PDT760SSFSS) is available in both stainless steel and custom panel versions and has an MSRP of $1,599. Both models are now available.
GE Appliances is at the forefront of building innovative, energy-efficient appliances that improve people’s lives. GE Appliances’ products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better. For more information on GE Appliances, visit www.ge.com/appliances.