Dryer Lint Filters and How To Clean Them
Removing the filter
Grab the filter at the top center and pull up. To clean:
- After each use: Clean the filter by putting moistened fingers at the corner of the filter and wiping in a downward motion. Continue all the way across to the other corner.
- Periodically: If a dryer applied fabric softener or anti-static conditioner is used, the lint filter should be washed periodically. Use warm soapy water to remove the residue from the screen.
Managing a "Clean Filter" message (on some models):
- Some dryers with electronic controls have a "Clean Filter" reminder that appears after each cycle is finished and will stay on the display until the next load is run.
- This is a reminder message (not sensor based) and appears on the display even if the lint filter has been cleaned. It cannot be disabled.
Cleaning the area under the lint filter:
- Unplug the dryer first. Then you can use an appliance or extendable lint brush or use a vacuum with the hose attachment to clean this area.
- The GE Appliances Brush Set (PM14X10056) is designed for refrigerator coils, dryers, venting and more.