- GE’s newest double-oven gas range boasts the largest capacity in the industry
- New Tri-Ring burner can go from a simmer at 140 degrees to a power boil, all in one burner
- Industry-leading oven capacity fits in common 30-inch kitchen space
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Oct. 20, 2011 – (NYSE:GE) – GE introduces the largest capacity free-standing gas double-oven ranges in the market, boasting an industry-leading 6.7 cubic feet of combined capacity along with enhanced, high-performance cooktops. Preference for double-oven ranges continues to grow as consumers see for themselves the flexibility and convenience of two ovens versus one.
Home cooks have the flexibility to use a single oven for small, weekday meals or use both ovens for larger meals or batch cooking on the weekends for the rest of the week. The extra capacity of two ovens is particularly helpful when entertaining or around the holidays when people are preparing meals for large crowds and baking more frequently.
GE Profile™ free-standing gas double oven, model PGB995SETSS, has 6.7 cubic feet of combined capacity, the largest available gas double oven in the market.
In addition to the largest combined capacity, GE’s new gas models also have the largest top oven at 2.4 cubic feet and bottom oven at 4.3 cubic feet, which means home cooks can easily prepare a main course, all the side items and dessert all at the same time. The industry average for free-standing consumer gas double ovens is 5.9 cubic feet of combined capacity. The average single-oven gas range in the market has 5.0 cubic feet of cooking capacity.
“Sometimes more is better,” said Julie Muennich, GE product manager. “Increased cooking capacity and the ability to simultaneously prepare multiple dishes at different temperatures means multitasking has never been easier. Home cooks can get more creative with their menus, cook more items, and still spend more time with their family or guests.”
Benefits of two ovens
- Consumers can grill, broil, bake and steam all at the same time without having to worry about flavors mixing in the same oven or some food getting cold while the rest of the meal finishes.
- The upper oven preheats faster, using less energy, which makes it more efficient and convenient to cook small, frequent meals. It is also ideal for cooking meats, pizzas, side dishes, baking cakes and cookies, reheating leftovers, or keeping foods warm.
- The lower oven features GE’s PreciseAirTM convection system, which includes a reversing fan that changes direction every 70 seconds, surrounded by a third cooking element for even browning, baking and roasting all menu items, large and small.
- Additional features include high-gloss black interiors on both ovens and easy-to-clean inner doors.
- Both ovens are self-cleaning.
“For most people double ovens are all about versatility and convenience, the ability to cook lots of food more efficiently,” said Muennich. “But double ovens save time and money regardless of meal size or the size of your family. Every day, you have the flexibility to use just as much oven as you need when you need it. You can cook a five-course meal all at the same time or efficiently cook five days' worth of meals in one day then heat and serve throughout the week.”
Double the value with high-performance cooktops
- Several models feature the new, uniquely designed 20,000 BTU Tri-Ring burner that offers consumers power boiling to a 140 degree simmer all in one burner.
- New models also feature five cooktop burners, including an oval center burner for even heat distribution over large, rectangular pans and griddles.
- A control lockout to prevent unintended operation – especially important as more generations are living together.
The GE® JGB870DET/SET 30-inch double-oven gas range with convection is available in black, white and stainless steel, starting at an estimated retail price of $1,799*. The GE Profile™ PGB995DET/SET 30-inch double-oven gas range with convection is available in black, white and stainless steel, starting at an estimated retail price of $2,199*. The GE Café™ CGS990SET 30-inch double-oven gas range with convection is available in stainless steel at an estimated retail price of $3,299*.
*Resellers determine their own resale price.