- GE Appliances and Pfister™ to introduce new products in Slate finish in 2014, as popularity of a neutral gray scheme grows in the home
- Gray color trends extend beyond the kitchen, into the whole home
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — July 25, 2014 — Myriad color options can be incorporated into home design, yet, in the kitchen, gray tops the list of the fastest growing color schemes in 20141. Influenced by nature, GE Appliances and Pfister™, a manufacturer of kitchen and bathroom faucets, are offering Slate-hued products to complement today’s design trends. In 2014, both companies are expanding their Slate product offerings.
In the kitchen
GE’s take on Slate is a premium appliance finish with a deep, warm and inviting look that seamlessly blends with surroundings, making it ideal for today’s open-concept living. In 2014, GE will expand its Slate offering to include built-in products such as wall ovens, slide-in ranges and cooktops.
GE Appliances' Industrial Design Operation Director Lou Lenzi commented, “We found that consumers were feeling stainless fatigue and looking for something new for their homes. The result was Slate, which quickly caught the eye of discerning homeowners.”
In 2013, after also seeing a growing interest in gray, Pfister saw an opportunity to collaborate with GE on Slate. Pfister’s approach is a bold brushed metal finish with a rich hue that’s available for its Pasadena kitchen faucet. According to Pfister Brand Manager Danyel Tiefenbacher, the faucet is a strong performer for the company. "The versatile Slate finish is a true alternative to stainless steel. While Slate is just as stylish, it also offers a more refined look and is resistant to fingerprints,” he said.
Beyond the kitchen
Gray may have gotten its start in the kitchen, but it’s stretching throughout the home as an accent to transitional design schemes, which are among the most popular bathroom styles in 20141. Aligned with 2014 trends, Pfister plans to expand its offerings of Pasadena kitchen faucets in Slate to also include a bath series.
“The kitchen is the starting point for many home remodels and those design choices are being carried through the home to establish a cohesive color palette," Tiefenbacher said. “Understanding that hues found in the kitchen influence the bathroom drove our upcoming expansion.”
Pricing and availability
GE’s Slate appliances are available at national and independent retailers where appliances are sold. The finish will expand into slide-in and built-in Profile™ Series appliances in August 2014.*
Pfister’s Pasadena faucet, model F-529-PDSL, is available exclusively at Home Depot stores and HomeDepot.com for $188.00.** Pasadena bathroom sink faucets will be available in July 2014, and a tub and shower introduction with matching bath accessories is planned for September.
GE Appliances is at the forefront of building innovative, energy-efficient appliances that improve people’s lives. GE Appliances’ products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better. For more information on GE Appliances, visit www.ge.com/appliances.
Pfister has been a trusted leader in the plumbing industry since 1910, introducing high quality, innovative, award-winning products with a distinctive use of style and finish. www.pfisterfaucets.com
1 NKBA 2014 Kitchen and Bath Style Report, results tabulated January 2014.
* The 2014 Slate expansion includes:
- Slide-in gas and electric range models PS950EEFES ($3,099**), JGS750EEFES ($2,399**) and JS750EFES ($1,799**), available in October.
- Wall oven models PT7050EHES ($2,399**) and PT7550EHES ($3,399**), available in August.
- Electric cooktop models PP932EHES ($1,199**) and PP962EHES ($1,199**), available in August.
- Countertop microwave PEB7226EFES ($329**), available in August, and over-the-range convection microwave PVM9179EFES ($599**), available in August.
- Counter-depth French door refrigerator GYE22KMHES ($2,899**), available in November; French door bottom-freezer refrigerator GFE28GMH ($2,699**), available in December; 30” bottom-freezer refrigerator GDE20GMHES ($1,599**), and side-by-side refrigerators GSS23HMHES ($1,649**) and GSS25GMHES ($1,399**), available in October.
** Retailers set their own prices.
For more information contact: