- New features include edge-to-edge cooktops in gas and electric that offer modern design and industry-leading performance
- Innovative controls are both intuitive and modern looking
- Professional styling extends further across the product line
LOUISVILLE, Ky.—June 29, 2015— GE’s new ranges stand out among the crowd. Available in August, the new batch of gas and electric ranges feature stylish edge-to-edge cooktops to accompany other updates, including Bluetooth® technology.
“Our new cooktops are sleek and modern looking with many performance upgrades,” said Tim Calvert, marketing manager, ranges and microwaves, for GE Appliances. “The cooking surfaces—glass or grates—extend from edge to edge, giving the ranges a fresh, updated look.”
New gas ranges accommodate round or oval cookware
While the contemporary look itself stands out with the edge-to-edge design, new knobs and heavy-duty grates, the gas ranges also have other performance features to note:
- With an industry-first, dual-purpose burner that gives you the option to choose between an oval or round burner, you can adjust your range to your cookware. This will accommodate a Dutch oven or use the industry’s largest extra-large, integrated griddle to make as many as six grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Get a bigger work surface and performance with an integrated griddle and two extra-large burners
- Connect your GE Profile™ range and over-the-range microwave with GE’s Bluetooth® technology, Chef Connect. This feature, only available on Profile models, syncs your family of GE appliances.
No knobs on Profile electric ranges
Control this electric cooktop with the push of a button instead of the twist of a knob. Select Profile electric ranges will offer synchronized burners for better performance and ease of use.
In addition to a new control panel, the electric cooktop has no silicone seal around the edges to trap food and grime. “This clean, contemporary design is great looking and it will be a snap to clean,” says Tim. “The ‘clean-ability’ of this cooktop is something I expect consumers to really appreciate.”
The Profile™ Series lines (PB911SEJ and PGB911SEJ) start at $1100* MSRP and $1200*, offering consumers a professional look at a mid-price range. The updated gas and electric ranges will fit in the same space as older GE models and are available in stainless steel, slate, white or black finishes. Configurations include single and double ovens with convection baking.
GE Appliances is at the forefront of building innovative, energy-efficient appliances that improve people’s lives. GE Appliances’ products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better. For more information on GE Appliances, visit www.ge.com/appliances.
*Retailers set their own prices.