LOUISVILLE, Ky. – February 8, 2021 GE Appliances (GEA), a Haier company, is creating the kitchen of the future that saves you time and makes you a more confident cook with its new GE Profile™ smart home kitchen appliances that boast cutting-edge technology and provide solutions to make life easier. GE Profile will bring its newest products to life and offer a behind-the-scenes look at the technology inside via an immersive, virtual environment at the 2021 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show from February 9-12.
“GE Profile incorporates smart home technology and innovative features into every appliance to make daily life simpler, changing the game in your kitchen and beyond,” said Todd Getz, executive brand director of GE and GE Profile at GE Appliances. “This year, we’ve created a virtual KBIS experience that offers a sneak peek into how our engineers and food scientists bring our industry-first innovations from an idea to an appliance.”
The latest innovations from GE Profile include:
GE Profile™ 30" Smart Slide-In Front-Control Induction Range with In-Oven CookCam™ (available April 2021, $3,999 suggested retail) Achieve maximum cooking performance with the new GE Profile Smart Slide-in Range, packed with industry leading cooking technology to elevate any home chef’s cooking game and ensure flawless results every time.
- Industry First In-Oven CookCam™ Combined with WiFi capabilities, this feature allows you to live stream the contents of your oven to any smart device, so you don’t have to be in the kitchen to check on that roast chicken. Designed as a building block for future enhancements, this camera technology will lead to AI integrations making your oven smarter over time through simple software upgrades.
- No-Preheat Air Fry Mode: This precision cooking mode is built right into your oven, bringing a healthier, crowd-pleasing crunch without the countertop clutter. And, with the capacity of your oven, you can cook for a crowd. GE Profile’s unique technology eliminates the need for special cookware and uses proprietary technology to achieve superior results.
- Precision Cooktop Sensor: This feature allows you to set a burner to an exact temperature via the LCD control panel or the SmartHQ app for more consistent cooking results. It can also function as auto-pilot for your cooktop when combined with guided cooking capabilities. A spring-loaded thermistor ensures contact with the bottom of the pan taking into account the heat bow and accommodating for more than 30 different pans types through complex algorithms.
- Guided Cooking Capabilities: Video-guided recipes from chefs work with the precision cooktop sensor technology on your cooktop to automatically adjust cooking time, temperature, and pace for perfect results every time.
- Sous Vide Simplicity: The chef at your favorite restaurant uses this cooking method for a variety of your favorite menu items. Now you can try it at home with a sous vide-enabled cooktop helping you achieve perfection on the stove with the provided precision cooking probe.
The Kitchen Hub Microwave Offers a Glimpse into the Future of AI in the Home
Curious about how Artificial Intelligence (AI) will be integrated into our homes in the future? You don’t have to wait to find out. GE Profile’s first-of-its-kind, over-the-range interactive smart screen and ventilation system, the Kitchen Hub, will launch an all new version. The new version will be equipped with an integrated microwave and an additional third camera inside the oven that creates AI computer-vision-cooking technology. The new AI features create a cutting-edge digital cooking experience and streamline everyday tasks, allowing owners to:
- Produce the perfect caramelized onions, seared steak and more: The Kitchen Hub Microwave can identify with camera vision when cooking is complete on the stovetop and automatically turn off the burner or lower the temperature.
- Try new recipes based on items cooks have on hand: The Hub will be able to identify a grouping of five items at a time, suggest recipes and walk the user through step by step instructions on how to prepare the meal, including automatically pre-heating the cooktop or oven to correct temperatures. Owners also have access to thousands of recipes via an integration with the Flavorly app and guided cooking features.
- Keep tabs on nutrition: Use it to calculate the nutritional value of meals, store the data in recipe favorites and/or send to other connected devices.
- Restock the kitchen: AI automatically adds used items to your next shopping order.
The Latest Smart Appliances for Your Home Bar
This past year, we’ve all become expert home mixologists, and GE Profile has new products to take your home bar to the next level. The GE Profile Opal Nugget Ice Maker 2.0 (available now, $699 suggested retail) makes chewable, nugget ice that consumers love with an appliance that fits perfectly on kitchen countertops. The latest version, available in a sleek new black stainless finish, offers the same, great qualities as the 1.0 but with reduced height for easy under-cabinet placement, a wrap-around bucket design with an integrated handle and a super scoop that delivers more nugget ice per scoop. Built-in WiFi means it can sense the level of ice in the bin to avoid overflow and you can set the ice making schedule through the SmartHQ app. The GE Profile Beverage Center (available March 2021, $1,199 suggested retail) gives you extra space to store your favorite beverages and more with reversible shelves and flexible shelving configurations. The unit is designed for built-in or freestanding use and built-in WiFi means you can keep track of your wine collection from any smart device via the SmartHQ app.
Media tours are available during KBIS from February 9-12. To book an appointment, email email@example.com.
For more information, visit GEAppliances.com, or follow @geappliances on Instagram, Pinterest or YouTube #ForceofInnovation or @geappliancesco on Twitter.
About GE Appliances
GE Appliances strives to make the world a better place and is committed to leading in the U.S. communities where its 14,000 employees live and work. A purpose-rooted and passion-driven organization, GE Appliances believes there is always a better way. Headquartered in Louisville, Ky., products are sold under the Monogram®, CAFÉ™, GE Profile™, GE® Appliances, Haier, and Hotpoint® brands. Its appliances, which are in half of all U.S. homes., include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems, water heaters and small appliances. For more information, visit www.geappliancesco.com