Steps for a Sparkling-Clean Fridge
- Remove everything from both freezer and refrigerator. Take out all food containers and any removable elements, including drawers and shelves.
- Throw away any food containers or items that are expired or old. Scrub containers that have stains or spills.
- Wash refrigerator and freezer shelves and drawers in warm, soapy water (use the sink, or use the bathtub if the pieces are oversize). Dry.
- Use a sponge or rag and warm soapy water or a multipurpose cleaner, scrub the inside of the refrigerator and freezer. Don't forget the inside of the doors. Follow this how-to to clean your water and ice dispenser.
- Put the shelves and drawers back in the refrigerator.
- Put the clean food jars and containers back inside the refrigerator.
- Using a vacuum hose or a long-handled duster, clean underneath the refrigerator. View cleaning solutions for these hard-to-reach spots.
- Wipe the exterior, including the top, with these tips for cleaning stainless steel.