LOUISVILLE, Ky.—April 25, 2018—More than 250 attendees from 86 key suppliers joined GE Appliances for its annual Presidents’ Council Summit on April 12, 2018, at The Marriott Downtown Hotel in Louisville, KY. The event served as a forum for GE Appliances to share business objectives and recognize its top-performing suppliers during an award ceremony.
“One of our guiding principles at GE Appliances is ‘Partnerships matter, we do better together,’ said Melanie Cook, chief operating officer, GE Appliances. “Our annual Presidents’ Council is an important venue to align, collaborate and strengthen our important partnerships with our suppliers.”
At the end of the of the day-long event, GE Appliances presented awards to 27 suppliers across nine categories for their contributions in 2017.
Congratulations to this year’s winners:
The Breakthrough Innovation Award recognizes suppliers who collaborated with GE Appliances to create solutions and innovations that improved product features, productivity, quality or customer service.
- Winners: Eurokera North America, Inc., TEKsystems Inc.
Supply Chain Excellence
The Supply Chain Excellence Award recognizes suppliers demonstrating a high level of expertise and flexibility in the consistent management of a complex supply chain.
- Winners: Faist ChemTec, Inc., Washington Penn Plastic Co., Inc., Lyons HR
The NPI Execution Award recognizes suppliers who collaborated with GE Appliances early in the new product introduction (NPI) process, going above and beyond to minimize changes to schedule and cost targets.
- Winners: TH Plastics, Inc., FedEx
The Productivity Award recognizes suppliers who have delivered above and beyond cost-out solutions year over year, enabling GE Appliances to remain competitive.
- Winner: Procurement Advisors, LLC.
The Most Improved Award recognizes suppliers demonstrating significant improvement in at least one of the following areas: productivity, quality, delivery, NPI execution and/or customer service.
- Winners: Useong Electro Mechanics Co., Ltd., CoscoShipping Lines Co., Ltd.
The Silent Warrior Award recognizes suppliers who are the best in their field and seamlessly execute on a dailybasis.
- Winners: Rich Brand Industries Ltd., Octa, Inc., HB Molding, Inc., Wabash Plastics, Inc., Allied Universal
Best New Supplier
The Best New Supplier Award recognizes new suppliers to GE Appliances that quickly integrated into the GE Appliances process and provided exceptional performance during the execution of an NPI.
- Winners: Pavonine Co., Ltd., Rehau, Gexpro
The Distinguished Supplier Award recognizes those suppliers who have performed with excellence across all key categories.
- Winners: TE Connectivity, Ltd., Plastic Products Co.,Inc., United States Steel Corporation, Eika Mexico, S.A. de C.V., Element Fleet Management Corp.
Product Line Suppliers of the Year
The Product Line Supplier of the Year Awards recognize those suppliers whose contributions were critical to the E2E success of each product line.
- Winner: Spindex Precision Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Winner: Sun Strong Precision Metal International, Ltd.
- Winner: Embraco North America
- Winner: Eurokera North America, Inc.
- Winner: Genesis Molding Inc.
About GE Appliances
GE Appliances, a Haier company, creates “good things, for life” through our passion for great appliances and the happiness they can bring to every household. With the Monogram®, GE Café™, GE Profile™, GE™, Haier and Hotpoint brands, owners have more choices for making their kitchens and homes amazing each day. Our products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners and water filtration systems. For more information, visit www.geappliances.com/our-company.