LOUISVILLE, KY – January 31, 2023 – As a leader in smart home innovation, GE Profile believes that appliance design and technology can play a key role in making everyday tasks, like cooking and laundry, easier for all people.
“The demographics of the U.S. are shifting with older adults expected to outnumber children by 2035, one in four adults living with a disability and more than one in four Americans living in a multi-generational household,” said Marc Hottenroth, executive director of industrial design for GE Appliances. “We not only design our products and technology with these factors in mind, but we also believe that our software capabilities give us an opportunity to continue to improve our products over time with added connected features.”
The GE Profile product portfolio addresses adaptive needs of individual families and societal shifts that include:
- Remote Control: All the latest GE Profile appliances are Wi-Fi connected and can be controlled from the palm of the hand without the need to hover over appliances. From remote preheat, temperature and cook time alerts to cycle completions on laundry and dishwashers, digital monitoring eases the physical captivity in front of the appliance. First launched by GE Appliances, an in-oven CookCamTM in a GE Profile range allows consumers watch their chicken roast via the SmartHQ app without the need to get up and down to check on its progress.
- Does the Heavy Lifting: Let your appliances take the wheel with automated technology that lightens the load. For example, Hands-free Autofill water dispenser on several GE Profile refrigerator models automatically fills any container to the top through sensor technology without requiring the user to stand fridge-side and press down a button. Adaptive Smart Dispense across the GE Profile laundry portfolio means no longer wrangling a detergent bottle every load. Simply load the detergent into a reservoir in the machine, and it will automatically dispense the right amount based on the type of detergent.
- Designed with Accessibility in Mind: GE Profile appliances are created by Industrial Designers with experiential design expertise informed by practical adaptive solutions. The appliances go through rigorous testing with consumers to ensure they are easy to use. Door-in-Door Storage on several of the GE Profile refrigerators allow for easy reach to food and drink with rotating shelves without having to reach up high or deep into the refrigerator. Additionally, a new line-up of induction cooktops feature Glide Touch Controls that gives owners full control through effortless touch. And because induction cooktops work by creating magnetic fields, heat is induced in the pan rather than transferring heat through the cooking surface itself, helping keep the surrounding surfaces cooler to the touch.
- Tailored to You: We see appliances as a trusted member of the family so understanding consumer habits allows for custom settings that work harder for them in the home. Adaptive MySettings on the GE Profile front load laundry models learn laundry preferences load-by-load so the washer personalizes cycle selections automatically, simplifying the task without requiring further engagement from the user.
- Gets Better Over Time: Best of all, GE Profile appliances get better with time thanks to over-the-air (OTA) upgrades with enhanced features and capabilities. Last year, GE Profile pushed an OTA upgrade to Wi-Fi enabled cooking appliances allowing consumers to cook the perfect steak at home with no previous steak know-how in partnership with Omaha Steaks. Thanks to a unique set of cooking algorithms to achieve optimal doneness and sear, home cooks no longer need to rely on movement to the outdoors to prepare restaurant-quality steak at home. GE Appliances leads in connected technology with a regular cadence of OTA from air-fry upgrades to turkey modes.
To experience the GE Profile smart technology firsthand at KBIS 2023, email GEAppliances@allisonpr.com. See here for more images of top news and kitchen vignettes from KBIS.
More information about GE Profile and its range of products can be found at https://www.geappliances.com/ge/profile.htm. Follow along @geprofile on Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest or YouTube.
About GE Appliances
At GE Appliances we make the world a better place, and our team is committed to leading in the communities where we live and work. Today, our appliances are in 50 percent of all U.S. homes, and our business is committed to serving every family in the country. We are a purpose-rooted and passion-driven organization that believes there is always a better way. We manufacture and sell products under the Monogram®, Café™, GE Profile™, GE®, Haier, and Hotpoint brands. Our products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners and water filtration systems. For more information on our company, brands, and corporate citizenship, visit www.geappliancesco.com.