- GE Appliances’ connected window air conditioners now integrate with Amazon Alexa for voice-activation capabilities
- Geneva, the GE Appliances’ Alexa skill, includes new features to enhance the user experience
LOUISVILLE, Ky.—April 26, 2017—Imagine you’re already comfortable in bed, unwinding from a long day of enjoying the weather, when you realize it’s just a little too warm. Rather than stumbling to find your glasses in the dark and sleepwalking across the room to turn on your window air conditioner or find its remote, GE Appliances’ makes it possible to make it cooler with just the sound of your voice. Adding to its ever-expanding offering of voice-activated home appliances, GE Appliances connected window air conditioners are now integrated with Amazon Alexa.
Using the Alexa skill developed by GE Appliances, Geneva, Alexa device owners can use and control their window air conditioners by simply saying, “Alexa, tell Geneva to turn on the air conditioner.” A few other utterances include:
- “Alexa, ask Geneva for air conditioner status.”
- “Alexa, tell Geneva to turn the air conditioner to 70.”
- “Alexa, tell Geneva to set the fan to high.”
- “Alexa, tell Geneva to set my air conditioner to energy saver.”
“Consumers today want easier and more convenient ways to control their appliances, and window air conditioners are no exception,” said Mark Evans, product manager, air products. “Now that our connected window air conditioners integrate with Alexa, it’s easier than ever to turn on your air conditioner, adjust the cooling temperature, and more.”
Geneva Gets Greater
In addition to including window air conditioners in its offering of voice-activated appliances, GE Appliances has also made some updates to its Geneva Alexa skill to enhance the user experience.
- Status updates: Need a reminder of which appliances are running? If you enable Geneva and have an appliance running, Alexa will give you the active status of any connected appliances in use.
- Multiple appliance integrations: Up until now, owners could only use the Geneva skill with one of each type of appliance. For example, if an owner has two connected window air conditioners, only one of those sets could be connected to the Geneva skill. Now, owners can use as many of the same appliances as they want with the Geneva skill.
- Dash of personality: Now, the Geneva skill has Alexa speak to the owner with more personality, making her sound like a part of the family.
GE Appliances, a Haier company, a leader in Wi-Fi-connected appliance technology, makes owners’ lives easier while improving their daily routines. With its connected suite of GE Appliances and Monogram-branded appliances, owners can monitor and maintain their home from virtually anywhere. From the kitchen to the laundry room, connected products work with Amazon Alexa, Dash Replenishment, Nest Labs and IFTTT—allowing owners to stay on top of their appliances from near or far using their voice or a mobile device. Connected appliances also are updated remotely with new capabilities and can assess their own performance, allowing for unparalleled service. To learn more, visit http://www.geappliances.com/ge/connected-appliances/.
About GE Appliances
GE Appliances, a Haier company, makes moments that matter for our owners through our passion for making great appliances and providing unparalleled services. Owners have more choices than ever before under the Hotpoint, GE®, Haier, GE Café™, GE Profile™ and Monogram® brands. Our products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. For more information visit www.geappliances.com/our-company.