LOUISVILLE, Ky.—February 18, 2019—With more than 400 connected appliance models and 40 million connectable units installed in homes across the U.S., GE Appliances, a Haier company, is leading the industry with a digital connected ecosystem that makes life easier and better for people across the country. GE Appliances’ (GEA) newest investments in technology and innovation build on the company’s smart appliance footprint and industry-leading service and distribution infrastructure to bring more value to consumers, builders and property managers.
Since 2012, most GE appliances have embedded WiFi capability or a multipurpose port that allows consumers to connect their appliances to the internet. GEA consumers enjoy multiple time-saving and convenience features such as remotely preheating the oven, changing the air conditioner temperature settings with Apple® HomeKit™ and the ability to diagnose issues faster and ensure more accurate service if the need arises. One of the latest digital enhancements allows consumers to track a service call from a cell phone.
“GE Appliances is the only manufacturer with a national, in-house network of more than 900 dedicated service technicians utilizing these sophisticated diagnostic tools,” says John Boyd, vice president of contract sales for GE Appliances. “With GEA’s new Service Tracker, we’ve reduced the service window for consumers to half the time and made the experience as easy to track as a pizza delivery.”
- Delivery Tracker – For convenience and peace of mind, a new texting tool allows consumers to track their appliance delivery.
- Software Updates – Consumers can future proof their investments with ongoing updates to the latest software available, giving them the ability to enjoy enhanced appliance features and functionality. One example is GEA’s existing induction cooktops can be updated to work with the new Hestan Cue™ guided recipe app.
- Service Tracker – Consumers receive notifications with details such as call status, the first name and photo of the technician assigned to them, and a map that allows them to view the tech’s progress to their house – complete with estimated arrival time.
- Remote Diagnostics – Allows techs to remotely evaluate a service issue before they arrive so they have the needed parts on the truck, ensuring problems are fixed faster and right the first time.
For builders and property managers:
- Delivery Tracker – A new online or mobile service for builders and property managers that allows them to track deliveries for the next or the last 10 days to help with time management and scheduling work on jobs sites with their teams.
- Service Diagnostic App – A new service diagnostic app – called NewFi Mobile and currently used by GEA’s in-house techs – is now available for external servicers and maintenance techs to diagnose root cause issues, quickly driving shorter overall service times for their consumers. The app also has access to service videos, repair tips and other resources.
In 2018, GE Appliances announced a new House of Brands strategy and a series of investments in product, manufacturing and distribution capabilities. “In 2019, the excitement continues with more new industry-leading products and services,” says Boyd. “For more than 60 years, our goal has been to be the easiest appliance company with whom to do business in the contract channel. For builders and property managers, that means great execution on new products that are delivered on time, damage-free and with complete orders.”
About GE Appliances
Today, GE appliances are in 50 percent of all U.S. homes and our business is committed to serving every family in the country. We are a purpose-rooted and passion-driven organization that believes there is always a better way. We sell products under the Monogram®, CAFÉ™, GE Profile™, GE®, Haier, and Hotpoint brands. Our products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners and water filtration systems. For more information, visit www.geappliances.com.